The Old Blackstone Power Station
About The Old Blackstone Power Station
The Old Blackstone Power Station, which supplied the town with power until 1984, is open to visitors.
Willowmore first started generating its electricity in 1938.
In the building are six Lister Blackstone diesel generators, the largest of which is still in working condition. If the need arises, these engines are started up t provide parts of Willowmore with electricity.
A key to this facility is available at the Baviaans Tourism Office in the main Road.