Riet Rivier Hiking Trail - Baviaanskloof
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Contact Henriëtte Terblanche
About Riet Rivier Hiking Trail - Baviaanskloof
Explore the vegetation, rock formations, fresh air, spring water in the crime- and malaria-free environment of the real Baviaanskloof - Road 322. Hike 24km in four days in the foot hills of the Baviaanskloof Mountains.
This trail is child friendly and ideally suited to families. Carry only daypacks - gear will be delivered to your campsites.
- 4 days hike
- spend 4 nights in 4 different caves from primitive (basic facilities) to fully equipped even with electricity @ R 215 per night per person.
- Meals @ R 95 per person per meal can be arranged:
- Picnic Basket
- Venison (Kudu) Pie and salads
- Lamb or chicken stew (Potjie) on rice
- Farmers Breakfast from the coals
- Braai vleis with 2 salads
- Bring your own first aid kit
- 50km from Willowmore in sedan vehicle
- 160km from Patensie – requires 4X4 vehicle
- 200km from George Airport in sedan vehicle
- Guides are available at R 150 per day.
Minimum eight persons max 12 persons per group. Please book at least 2 months ahead. If groups want to only hike a part of the route say 2 days then the full accommodation tariffs as specified on our Contact Us page will apply.
The hike can be adjusted to any configuration to suit your circumstances. Please enquire.
Contact Henriette and Boetie Terblanche to book your trip now.